Helios Roofing and Waterproofing Ltd is a construction company located in Burnaby, BC. We are looking for a drafting technician/estimator to join our team. This position will be available to start in late February 2019.
Position: Full-time Drafting Technician/Estimator
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Design and draft detailed shop drawings, shop fabrication, and site installation
• Review architectural and shop drawings, specifications, and samples for design inconsistencies and conflicts
• Provide complete fabrication drawings
• Prepare construction specifications, costs and material estimates
• Collaborate professionally with project team, architects, consultants, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers regarding design revisions and finalization
• Perform other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills:
• Degree or Diploma in Architecture Building Technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 1-2 years AutoCAD experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Possess exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• A fast learner with attention to detail
• Experience with Revit, and other rendering software such as 3D Max and SketchUp an asset
• Hands on residential construction experience an asset
Salary: Depend on candidate’s working experience. Group benefits coverage after 3 months’ probation period. 4% vacation pay.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate the job position you would like to apply. Please no phone calls or drop ins. Only application that meet our basic expectations will be contacted for an interview.